Fresh asparagus, like so many other veggies, is so delicious when grilled!
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes | Servings: 4 to 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, washed and dried, tough ends discarded
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and flattened roughly
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place the asparagus in a gallon-size zip lock bag.
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, place the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and shake vigorously to combine. Pour the marinade over the asparagus, coating all surfaces.
- Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. (If marinating for 1-3 hours, place the asparagus in the refrigerator.)
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Drain and grill the asparagus, turning once or twice with tongs, until they are crisp-tender, 4-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the spears.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 270, Calories from Fat 240, Total Fat 27g (42% DV), Saturated Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates 7g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.