Hours of waiting for the brisket to get tender in the oven is a thing of the past when you use an Instant Pot. Plus your oven is free for side dishes, dessert and more.
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Cook Time: 2 hrs. 20 min. | Total Time: 2 hrs. 45 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3½ lb. brisket, trimmed of excess fat, patted dry
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Kroger® Vegetable Oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 ribs celery, cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- Season brisket with salt and pepper.
- Select Instant Pot® SAUTÉ function; heat the oil. Sear until well browned, about 6-8 minutes per side. Remove meat; set aside. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic to the pot, cooked 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add tomato paste and cook 1 minutes.
- Stir in wine and beef broth, work up any brown bits from the bottom. Return meat to the pot. Twist lid to seal.
- Select MANUAL function and set timer for 70 minutes. Allow to naturally depressurize.
- Remove brisket from pot; tent with foil and allow to rest. Switch pot to SAUTÉ function; allow sauce to reduce. Use an immersion blender to puree vegetables if desired. Slice brisket against the grain, serve with sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: If making for Passover double check all your ingredients are Kosher for Passover.
Per serving: Calories 650, Calories from Fat 260, Total Fat 29g (45% DV), Saturated Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 245mg (82% DV), Sodium 2700mg (112% DV), Carbohydrates 10g (3% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 80g, Vitamin A 140%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 6%, Iron 45%.