Serve these yummy nachos as an appetizer or as a side dish with tacos or steak.
Hands-on Time: 15 min | Total Time: 45 min | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package. (28 oz.) frozen potato wedges or steak fries
- ½ lb. white American cheese (queso blanco)
- ⅓ cup half-and-half
- 1 Tbsp. pickled jalapeño peppers
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- Toppings, such as chopped tomato, sliced green onion, sliced black olives and chopped cilantro
- Make potato wedges as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, heat cheese on High power 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until softened. Gradually whisk in half-and-half, jalapeño, cumin and chili powder.
- Place potato wedges on large platter. Spoon queso sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle with Toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 290, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 11g (17% DV), Saturated Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 980mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates 53g (18% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 10g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 25%, Iron 6%.